Father's Day Cocktails
Looking for a special way to treat Dad this Father’s day? How about a refreshing home-made cocktail…
Treat Dad just like he’s kicked back at happy hour with our favorite summer cocktails, all well-suited for Father’s Day. From a delicious non-alcoholic option to classics like an Old Fashioned, Dad deserves some relaxation and refreshment. Below are some outstanding cocktails to enjoy while hanging with Dad on his big day. We’re all about craving activity at Rhoback, so consider this a fun way to reward Dad for his hard work.
Directions: Fix one of these for you and Dad, after an action-packed day.
The Best Cocktails to Fix Dad on Father’s Day
The Old Fashioned
A tried-and-true classic and a favorite of Dads and whiskey fans everywhere. Easy to make and even easier to enjoy. Ours uses Bib & Tucker Bourbon, a new favorite that’s different from what he’s used to (in a good way!). This cocktail pairs well with cool summer evenings, perhaps around a campfire, S’mores in hand..
- 1.25 oz. of Bib & Tucker Bourbon (About a standard shot)
- 2 small spoonfuls of simple syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters (The most common form of bitters found at a bar or many spirits shops)
- An orange peel
- Add the simple syrup, bitters and Bulleit bourbon to a rocks glass (Better still, gift Dad a neat rocks glass before making him the cocktail)
- Add ice and stir gently (feel free to use a larger cocktail ice mold)
- Garnish with the orange peel, using it to “zest” the glass rim. Next: Serve up and enjoy!
A great cocktail for the tequila lover, the Paloma is perfectly light and refreshing for Dad to enjoy on a hot summer day. Let’s say Dad’s manning the grill or hanging out at the beach this Father’s Day? Go right ahead and make him a cool, refreshing Paloma.
- 2 ounces tequila (Blanco tequila is a solid bet here, and Espolon is always a favorite brand)
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice and wedges
- 2 ounces fresh sparkling water
- ½ ounce of lime juice and/or lime wheel to garnish
- ¼ ounce simple syrup (You can also use agave nectar)
- Coarse sea salt (To add to the rim of the glass!)
- Use a grapefruit wedge to “zest” the rim of the glass before dipping it into a plate of coarse sea salt
- Mix all ingredients, from tequila to grapefruit and lime juices, in the glass, adjusting the recipe as needed
- Add ice and garnish with a grapefruit wedge
The Moscow Mule
Another classic that’s as tried-and-true as Dad himself, this one is also super refreshing and easy to enjoy on a breezy back porch, perhaps with some equally breezy tracks on the stereo, surrounded by friends and family. Cheers!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces ginger beer (Gosling’s is a classic bet)
- ½ of a fresh lime and 2 lime slices
- Fill a tall glass or classic copper mug with crushed or cubed ice
- Squeeze the lime half over ice before adding vodka
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with two lime slices
The N/A Option: The Light and Stormy
This one features new and innovative Three Spirits, a non-alcoholic social elixir that delivers refreshment without the booze. They’re a favorite in the U.K. and just entering the U.S. market. It’s as refreshing for Dad as any of the alcohol-based options on this list, so considering greeting him with this one after he’s done trying out those new power tools he got for Father’s Day.
- 2 ounces Social Elixir
- Ginger ale or ginger beer (Again, go with Gosling’s)
- Lime wheel
- Fill a tall glass with ice and Social Elixir
- Top with ginger ale or ginger beer before garnishing with lime wheel
If we had to sum it up, it’s not the drinks that are as important as time spent together on Father’s Day. So raise a glass to the Father figures in your life – and keep craving activity.
Leave a comment